DIVISION:Controls Manufacturing Division
REPORTS TO:Controls Engineering Group Manager, Firmware
WORK LOCATION:Tucson, AZ
- Responsible for all aspects of firmware development for new, innovative product designs using embedded microprocessors.
- Scope of responsibilities will cover architectural design, technical specifications, reusable modular designs, cost-effective engineering designs, code development, testing to robust environments, production implementation and product support in a cross-functional team environment.
- Expected to provide technical leadership and use influencing skills to manage and progress projects.
- Candidate will interact with engineering, marketing, management and project leads to assure that product development priorities are completed to schedule and budget, while ensuring quality and product performance requirements are met.
- Product development activities include design and development, rigorous design reviews, incorporation of lessons learned from existing products, product verification and field validation along with coordinating with quality assurance and developing appropriate documentation.
- Responsible for keeping excellent, organized project records and documentation
- Responsible for writing high-quality, well-documented, bug-free code
- Must be self-directed and be able to work within scope with a minimum amount of supervision.