We are currently looking for a Heavy Maintenance Mechanic for a great local manufacturing company on a temp to hire basis. Please see the details below for more information.
- Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyors systems, hydraulic systems or tools, and production machines and equipment
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and attempts to locate causes of trouble
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections. Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments. Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Starts devices to test performance. Lubricates and cleans parts.
- May repair electrical equipment