Job Title: CNC Machinist
Location: Louisville, KY.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be capable of setting up and operating a wide range of machine tools to include but not limited to: Radial Drill, Engine Lathe, HBM, Jig Bore, Vertical and Horizontal Hone, OD Grinder, Surface Grinder, manual Mill/Lathe, CNC Mills and Lathes, and standard machine shop equipment.
- Frequently, operations are repair type in nature, which requires the restoration of overhaul parts.
- Works under the supervision of a Team Leader who gives minimal instructions. Team Leader is available for consultation.
- Employee is responsible for maintaining/improving housekeeping standard in his/her work area and adhering to established safety rules and practices.
- Must understand shop floor computerized time and attendance system and independently execute assigned responsibilities. Examples of those responsibilities are: clocking in and out upon arrival and departure from work, close shop order sequences when work is complete, etc.
- Candidate should have at least a High School Diploma.
- Must have the knowledge and skill to set, use, and read precision layout and measuring instruments.
- Must have the knowledge of, and the ability to apply, algebraic, geometric, and trigonometric functions to blueprint dimensions in the machining of complex parts.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret multi-paged complex machining blueprints.
- Must possess the knowledge, skill, and ability to setup and operate major machine tools.
- Must have the ability, confidence, and self-motivation to apply talents independently and with good judgment. The work requires employee to stand for long periods, stoop, bend, reach, and climb. Frequently handles objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Cranes, hand trucks, and other lifting and moving equipment are available for heavier loads.