The Project Manager is responsible for the overall planning, management, and execution of work for assigned construction projects. The Project Manager may be assigned responsibility for one or more projects at a time and should maximize project profitability and promote Company objectives and goals through the performance of his/her job, meeting quality and safety standards as well as meeting owner expectations. The Project Manager is expected to assess and respond to customer needs and cultivate customer relationships through proactive interaction with project owners. This position must also foster the fundamental Company business philosophies as well as assist in the process of training and developing employees under his/her supervision. Candidates must be mobile. This position is open for the variety of Project Management positions that become available for our Health Care Group and could be located in in multiple areas.
1. Assists in the preparation of estimates for the project.
2. Prepares project budgets and unit cost reports.
3. Leads the project team in preparing the Project Management Plan.
4. Participates in value engineering services as appropriate.
5. Organizes and holds pre-award and pre-construction meetings.
6. Participates in the successful negotiation and preparation of all project subcontracts.
7. Participates in obtaining permits and resolving other regulatory requirements as necessary.
8. Prepares a project schedule and develops milestones necessary to successfully complete the project in concert with the project Superintendent.
9. Obtains and reviews plans and specifications and determines their completeness and consistency.
1. Assist sales personnel as requested.
2. Performs other related duties as assigned or needed.
1. Plans the successful execution of the construction contract.
2. Manages project materials and equipment procurement within the project’s budget constraints and consistent with the project delivery schedule.
3. Develops and monitors project quality, safety, and risk management plans.
4. Regularly visits the project site and monitors costs, safety, quality, and schedule performance with the Project Superintendent.
5. Evaluates and modifies schedules as necessary to meet schedule milestones and financial goals.
6. Negotiates owner and subcontractor change orders and manages the resulting cost and profit impact.
7. Develops the monthly client pay requests and follows up on the collection of billings.
8. Controls the payment of job costs based on document review and approval and coordinates with the job cost accountant for payments and lien releases. Participates in monthly job cost reviews to declare project status.
9. Attends and documents owner and other coordination meetings.
10. Coordinates all final close out procedures for the project including as-built drawing, punch lists, final billing, occupancy permit, owner acceptance, project manuals, warranty letters, subcontractor close out, letter of substantial completion, and letter of recommendation.
11. Interacts with estimating to provide project cost information for the estimating database.
1. Participates in project 11-month warranty walk-through with the owner.
2. Directs organization and preparation of all project documents for storage.
3. Attends and participates in PM training.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned or needed.
1. Project Engineer (construction) – Assists the Project Manager to ensure the work is installed on the project according to plans and specifications. Attends and takes notes for project team meetings, including weekly Owner/Architect meetings and subcontractor coordination meetings. Publishes weekly progress reports for assigned projects and follows up for receipt, review, and distribution of information required for project construction. Researches construction problems. Updates project schedules as needed. Maintains logs, reflecting the status of shop drawings, requests for clarification, change requests, and proposal requests.
2. Project Assistant – The Project Assistant provides support for other SBU members to improve the operational processes and procedures; professionally and accurately designs project-related documents; establishes and maintains project files to ensure document control throughout the construction process.
Inside and Outside Relationships
1. Interacts with all company departments to ensure company policy and procedures are carried out and corporate objectives and goals achieved.
1. Uses tact to maintain relationships with vendors, owners, architects, community and state officials and the general public.